Citizens of the World Charter School – Silver Lake/Echo Park
CWC is a public school committed to socio-economic, cultural and racial diversity. We provide a challenging, experiential learning environment to develop students’ confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as true citizens of the world.
2012-13 School Year Information
Click here for our 2012-2013 Calendar.
Kindergarten and First Grade are at the CWC K-1 Campus. Hours are 8:15am – 3:05pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesdays are shorter: 8:15am – 1:15pm. Call our K-1 campus at 323-462-2840 with any questions.
Second and Third Grades are at the CWC 2-3 Campus. Hours for grades two and three are 7:50am – 2:40pm for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesdays are 7:50am – 12:50pm. Call our 2-3 campus at 323-668-1553 with any questions.
- The 2012 Enrollment Timeline (PDF)
- Grade 2/3 Connection for Parents
- Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals (PDF)
- Pricing letter to households for Free and Reduced-Price Meals (PDF)
- Annual Fund Donation Form
- Rigorous, student-centered academic program
- Teaches critical thinking and problem solving
- Socioeconomic, racial and cultural diversity among the students
- 21-24 students per class
- One teacher & one teaching assistant in every class
- Art, music & physical education multiple times a week by trained experts
- Healthy & affordable school lunch program with a host of organic offerings (Free & reduced lunch for those who qualify)
- Affordable & flexible after-school program until 6pm every day (Free & reduced price for those who qualify)
- Free and open to all students in California (apply without obligation)
- Lottery delayed to April 18Due to technical difficulties, we were unable to complete Silver Lake’s lottery last night. We will hold the lottery tonight, Thursday April 18 at 8:00 p.m. at The Assistance League, 5620 De Longpre Ave, Los Angeles, 90028. We apologize for … » Read more
- Admissions Lottery DateThe 2013-2014 admissions lottery has been rescheduled to April 17, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. » Read more
- CWCLA Board Meeting April 3, 2013Agenda and meeting materials available. » Read more
- Message from Amy Held regarding a special Board Meeting March 19A special board meeting has just been scheduled for tomorrow night to address two time sensitive items that came up since the last regular board meeting and must be acted upon before the next regular meeting. » Read more
- Materials for the February 27, 2013 Board MeetingDocuments up for discussion. » Read more